Ads by Google
Member since 06-03-2020
Following the successful installation, navigate to the location folder where you have installed the application and run the .exe file.
1. Manage Session in PuTTY
It is the preliminary panel where you get to specify specific options to open a session.
- The Host Name (or IP Address) bar is where a user will input the name or IP address of the server they want to connect.
- Connection type of radio buttons allows users to choose from the kind of network they are planning to connect.
- The Port bar is the section that is filled automatically on selecting the type of connection. However, if you choose the Raw type, the bar stays blank and requires the user to enter the port manually.
- Upon selecting Serial as the connection type, the Host Name and Port bars will be replaced by Serial Line and Speed.
The “Load, save or delete a stored session” section is to set some connection setting without having to type all the details again when needed.
- Once you save it, it can just select on the saved session and click on Load. The saved settings will appear on their respective boxes in the configuration panel.
- The panel permits to modify a saved session by first loading a session, editing everything you want to change and then clicking on “save” button.
- Users have the option to delete a session as well.
The Close Window On Exit option helps in deciding whether the PuTTY terminal will close as soon as the session ends or restarts the session on the termination.
2. What is Logging in PuTTY?
This configuration panel saved the log files of your PuTTY sessions which can be used for debugging and analysis purposes. Users can choose the type of data you want to log in this window.
3. What is Terminal in PuTTY?
The section has a variety of options to decide how the texts in the window should appear. Whether you want the text to come in the next line as soon as it reaches the right edge of the window or you want to interpret the cursor position.
4. Configure Keyboard setting in PuTTY.
With the option, users can modify the behavior of ‘backspace,’ ‘home’ and ‘end’ keys, and several other keys to coordinate with the server settings.
5. What is Bell in PuTTY?
It lets PuTTY make an alert sound as and when you want it to function.
6. Features of PuTTY
Users can choose to disable or enable some of the advanced terminal features of PuTTY like disabling cursor keys, etc. using the function.
7. Adjust the size of Window in PuTTY.
The option allows to predefine a fixed size of the PuTTY window and control the scrolling. Many other configurations can be made using this feature.
8. Change the Appearance of PuTTY
Under this panel, the appearance of the cursor, the font in the terminal window or even control the window border can be changed.
9. What is PuTTY Behaviour?
Enables to change the title of the window, control the warning window operation, etc.
10. What is Translation in PuTTY?
The “Remote Character Set” lets you select how to interpret the information received from the server.
11. What is Selection in PuTTY?
Users can change the course of copy-pasting or the actions of mouse-buttons in Unix environment by making appropriate changes in this panel.
12. How to Adjust Colours in PuTTY?
You can control the color of background as well as of the texts using this panel.
13. Configure Connection in PuTTY.
The panel has options that solve any issues when closing of connections while a window is idle. With the option, users can select between the old and new protocols.
14. Manage Data in PuTTY.
The auto-login option dismisses the need to type the username every time. It can also specify the terminal needs using this panel.
15. A proxy setting in PuTTY
Permits configuration of various types of proxies used while making the network connections.
16. What are Telnet, Rlogin, and SSH in PuTTY?
These panels allow configuration of session-related options like changing the mode for negotiation between the server and client, allowing an automated form of login on the server, etc.
The above were details about the panels and the steps to install PuTTY client on windows.